THE VILULA TEA GARDEN

...it was a little tea room in my memories...ladies wearing white gloves and pretty hats; soft and mended old linens on the tables; and heirloom roses in crystal vases....lovely.

August 1, 2011

My son Lee




Photos attached from Sunday's trip on the Cape Fear river (NC)

He caught four blue catfish from a 12' kayak:
(2) 10 lbs, (1) 12 lb & a 19lb 6oz

The friends that he went with are guides on this river, and perfected (8 yrs in the making) how to do this - from what kind of boat they use, to the bait and rig (line, hook, cork, etc.) The Cape Fear is very shallow, so a canoe has been the only way to fish most spots we were at, until the fishing kayak has evolved.

"So since I haven't had a big day catching in quite a while, I'm proud to say that I caught the most fish and the biggest fish of the day against the "Masters.""

That's my boy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow congratulations!! The Cape Fear river is in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go there sometime, Tango! That's one of my favorite movies...all versions, too!

    ReplyDelete

Linky

Roxy

Roxy

Blogs I love to visit!

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
nursdurkin's items Go to nursdurkin's photostream

The apron I made for theFlirty/Sassy Swap!