THE VILULA TEA GARDEN

...it was a little tea room in my memories...ladies wearing white gloves and pretty hats; soft and mended old linens on the tables; and heirloom roses in crystal vases....lovely.

September 13, 2011

Fall Creek Falls and Trackrock for Camping!!!



My husband and I are heading out to Tennessee to Fall Creek Falls State Park! We will be camping at their campgrounds and we can't wait! I found this video on YouTube and of course, it's not my video or my voice, but wanted to show you a little bit of it...

Fall Creek Falls State Resort Park is one of the most scenic and spectacular recreation areas in America. Its waterfalls, cascades, sparkling streams, gorges, timberland and an unmatched variety of recreation facilities and activities have made it one of the most popular parks in the Southeast. Fall Creek Falls is one of the highest waterfalls east of the Rocky Mountains, plunging 256 feet into a shaded pool at the base of its gorge. The park's other falls, (Piney, Cane Creek and Cane Creek Cascades), though smaller, are just as impressive.

The oak and hickory forest that covers most of the park gives way to tulip poplar and hemlock forest in the gorges. The plants and animals of the moist, protected gorges are not unlike the species found in southern Canada. Mountain laurel and rhododendron are abundant throughout the park, as are other plants and animals. (from Tennessee State Park website)



Then, on to Trackrock Campground for a Sisters on the fly trip...it is near Blairsville, GA, and Brasstowne Bald, which is the highest point in Georgia. There will be a lot of us camping and have a fish fry planned, along with lots of other fun things! Will post photos when I get back. http://www.trackrock.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linky

Roxy

Roxy

Blogs I love to visit!

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
nursdurkin's items Go to nursdurkin's photostream

The apron I made for theFlirty/Sassy Swap!