THE VILULA TEA GARDEN

...it was a little tea room in my memories...ladies wearing white gloves and pretty hats; soft and mended old linens on the tables; and heirloom roses in crystal vases....lovely.

March 26, 2012

The Prayer Flag Project


n June of 2011, Vivika Hansen DeNegre started The Prayer Flag Project. She invited people from around the world to to join her in making Prayer Flags. Each flag is created in the artists own style, then hung outside for a while, its words and sentiment dissolving into the wind and being spread to all whom the wind touches. They are a living, breathing, kinetic journal of our hopes, dreams and concerns. The Prayer Flag Project... Join us, if you'd like.
This is a wonderful idea, I think...I am going to do it from a Christian perspective; sort of like when you knit a prayer shawl...you knit and pray for the person you are giving it to...so I'll make each one and pray for that person...I have several friends in mind - let me know if any of you do this...I'll post pictures when I get around to it, heehee...life is going pretty fast around here! Just got back from camping with the Sisters at Guntersville..what a beautiful place...we were treated so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linky

Roxy

Roxy

Blogs I love to visit!

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
nursdurkin's items Go to nursdurkin's photostream

The apron I made for theFlirty/Sassy Swap!