THE VILULA TEA GARDEN

...it was a little tea room in my memories...ladies wearing white gloves and pretty hats; soft and mended old linens on the tables; and heirloom roses in crystal vases....lovely.

January 12, 2012

It's a Lifestyle, not a Diet!

Well, I have joined Calorie King again...$49.00 special for the year if you join before January 31st! I joined Calorie King several years ago when I was a School Nurse in an elementary school. It really helped me stay on track to lose some weight and after Cervical Spine Surgery 2009, I lost 30 lbs. I have kept it off for two and a half years. My husband is having back trouble now and at the request of his doctor, he is eating lots of fruits and vegetables, seeds, nuts, whole grains and low-fat protein. We eat a bowl of old-fashioned oatmeal every morning. I put dried fruit, sliced almonds, and cinnamon and Splenda in his...I like mine without the fruit. He is losing fast, but not too fast and feels so much better already. I really need to lose 10 more lbs. to be in the healthy range for my apple build...hence, the Bento lunches...love those Bentos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linky

Roxy

Roxy

Blogs I love to visit!

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
nursdurkin's items Go to nursdurkin's photostream

The apron I made for theFlirty/Sassy Swap!