THE VILULA TEA GARDEN

...it was a little tea room in my memories...ladies wearing white gloves and pretty hats; soft and mended old linens on the tables; and heirloom roses in crystal vases....lovely.

March 22, 2009

Harvest


I love the wild green onions that appear in my unkept yard this time of the year. We don't have a green expanse of perfect grass...of course, my husband would like it...but I have tiny violets that have grown in the bare spaces for years, wild onions, dandelions for greens...these are not weeds to me, they are Spring. I love to pull the tiny onion bulbs out of the ground, and wash them good under running water. Then you just put them in a jar and snip what you need...they will keep growing for awhile.
This morning I made my hubby a beautiful omelet with big brown free-range eggs from my friend Joe's chickens. I save my egg cartons and he just fills them up again and again...recycling as well as the best eggs in the world! I added my snipped wild onions, ham and cheese...he was one happy man!!
Next, for lunch, chicken with green onions sprinkled on...yummy. I could put these onions on most everything, if I had my choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linky

Roxy

Roxy

Blogs I love to visit!

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
nursdurkin's items Go to nursdurkin's photostream

The apron I made for theFlirty/Sassy Swap!